You may be aware that Census Day was the 21 March 2021. However, you don't need to worry if you haven't completed your census form. You can still complete your census form throughout April and we at the Hall will continue to be here to support you.
Stretford Public Hall's Census Support Centre
We are currently operating as a local Census Support Centre, which means we are supporting Stretford residents to complete their census forms online and answering any questions they may have relating to census completion. Our team of trained advisors have already helped numerous Stretford residents complete their census forms. Here are some examples of our work so far:
- We have helped Streford residents in person at the Hall. These residents might not have a digital device and/or the internet at home and we have helped them by completing the census form with them online, using one of our computers;
- We have helped Stretford residents over the phone, by giving them advice;
- We have helped Stretford residents who have lost their census code; and
- We have dealt with diverse general enquiries.
Should you need any support, please call us on 0161 989 1689 Monday to Friday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm, until 4 May 2021. If all our advisors are with someone please leave a message and we will get back to you.
Further, you can make an enquiry via [email protected]
Remember we will be open throughout April so if you have not complete the census by March 21st, don't worry - you can still complete it in April!
A little bit about why the Census is important:
- It gathers essential information that’s used for things that affect your community and the people you represent;
- Public bodies use census information to help plan and fund services like housing, education and healthcare;
- Charities and businesses also use it to inform their work and get funding; and
- The census is also an important record for people who want to trace their family tree, so in the future your descendants might use the census to discover more about you!
Should you need other support you can contact the free National Census Helpline 0800 141 2021, 0800 587 2021 for other languages, 18001 Text Relay and Text Message 86677 or go to https://census.gov.uk/